[Hat] Problems building Hat on Mac OS X

Stephen Pitts hat@haskell.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:25:06 -0600

Hi!

I'm once again trying to build Hat; this time it's on Jaguar with GHC
5.04.2. I got past the first problem; as someone else pointed on in the
archives, HFS+ has some interesting case sensitivity issues, so I had
to invoke ghc to compile Hat.hs by hand.

After that, the build seemed to be going OK until I got this message:
/usr/local/src/hat-2.00/script/hat-trans -trusted -prelude
PreludeTracing.hs

Fail: Cannot parse in .hx file PreludeBasic line (Var "seq",Value
{args=-1, fixity=R, priority=0, letBound=True})

I looked at the relevant line, and nothing seemed wrong to me; I'm not
familiar with this syntax, though. Here's a snippet:

(Var "scanl",Value {args=3, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "scanl1",Value {args=2, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "scanr",Value {args=3, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "scanr1",Value {args=2, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "seq",Value {args=-1, fixity=R, priority=0, letBound=True})
(Var "sequence",Value {args=0, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "sequence_",Value {args=0, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "showChar",Value {args=0, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})
(Var "showEFloat",Value {args=2, fixity=Def, priority=9, letBound=True})

I'm using the hat-2.00 tarball from the website with the patch to make
it work with hmake-3.06.

Any insight into the above would be appreciated. Thanks!
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@ou.edu

"This is the planet of Six Billion Dancing Monkeys.  Enjoy it while it
lasts." -- poster on kuro5hin