[Hat] hat Auxfixity.hs:92 error?

Daniel Parry hat@haskell.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 14:58:16 +0000

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:20:23PM +0000, Malcolm Wallace wrote:
> Daniel Parry <ddp23@cam.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > When attempting to use hat[0] on a reasonably simple program that
> > compiles fine with ghc I am faced with the following error.
> >
> > $ hmake -hat quineMcCluskey.lhs
> > hat-trans  quineMcCluskey.lhs
> >
> > Fail: AuxFixity.hs:92: Non-exhaustive patterns in case
>
> This is a bug in hat-trans, which appears to be (sort of) fixed in
> the current CVS version.  The next release of Hat is due in a couple
> of weeks, but if you can't wait, and would prefer not to use CVS,
> there is a workaround: in your program, replace uses of the constant
> -1 with (negate 1), excepting patterns of course.

Thanks, the debugger worked fine with (negate 1) replacing -1. I would
just point out though that hat-trail will fail on systems that don't
have x-term installed, with:

sh: resize: command not found

Fail: Command (resize -u) failed

I admit most systems will have xterm installed (though mind didn't - I
use rxvt exclusively ^_^), but it may be a problem that could easily be
ironed out?

Kind regards,

Daniel

--
--|------| Daniel Parry (Caius) (Compsci Part II) ddp23@cam.ac.uk |-------|--
"Let's not escape into mathematics. Let's stay with reality."