[Haskell] ANN: time-1.4.0.2

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Sun Nov 25 13:14:25 CET 2012

time-1.4.0.2 is now on Hackage.

1.4.0.2 fixes bugs and infelicities in the formatting and parsing in
Data.Time.Format

For formatting:

* %0Y, %_Y, %0G and %_G now pad to four characters.

* Likewise %0C, %_C, %0f and %_f pad to two characters.

For parsing:

* Runs of n whitespace characters now match n or more whitespace
characters. Formerly it matched zero or more whitespace characters.

* %Y, %G, %C and %f match one or more digits

* %0Y and %0G match exactly four digits. %0C and %0f match exactly two
digits

General:

* Now uses mkTyCon3 instead of deprecated mkTyCon (contributed by Chris
Moline)

Testing:

* Various infrastructure improvements (Chris Moline and me)

* QuickCheck properties now tested

I tried using Cabal's "detailed" test-suite, but it doesn't play well
with QuickCheck and is very slow with large numbers of small test cases.
I'm now making use of the test-framework package, which does play well
with QuickCheck.

-- Ashley Yakeley