[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: curlhs-0.0.1, bindings to libcurl

Krzysztof Kardzis kkardzis at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:42:17 CEST 2012

2012/4/14 Strake <strake888 at gmail.com>:
> Just curious — why not curl?
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/curl
> It seems to me much easier to use.

In regard to the 'easy of use', I think it is just the opposite (of
course we talk about the module 'Network.Curlhs.Core', not 'Base' -
this is another story). But my opinion is not important here, and for
that reason I don't want to compare these two packages by myself. If
you are satisfied with the curl package, just stay with it, I've no
arguments to convince you or anyone. Neverthless, thanks for your
opinion.

Ok, why another bindings? There is no one big reason, only a few small
ones. Overall, I think that these bindings could be done better, and I
think that it will be easier to do that from scratch. If it succeeds,
fine, if not... there is no such an option ;) Here is the first
attempt.

As I wrote earlier, I would like to create a mid-level interface to
libcurl. The API should be fairly easy to use, fairly complete and
close to the original. I would like to avoid too much interpretation
of the libcurl's API (this could be done at the higher level). Thanks
to that it will be possible among others to take advantage of the
existing documentation, tutorials, examples etc.

Greetings,
Krzysztof Kardzis