[Haskell] Re: Compile error in GHC HEAD revision - nobody responding to bug report

shelarcy shelarcy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 21:40:23 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 07:46:18 +0900, Asfand Yar Qazi <ayqazi at gmail.com>
wrote:
> ==fptools== make all -wr -f Makefile;
>  in /home/ayqazi/src/packages/ghc/ghc-build/libraries/OpenAL
> ../../ghc/compiler/ghc-inplace -H32m -O -W -fno-warn-unused-matches
> -fwarn-unused-imports -Wall -fffi -Iinclude '-#include "HsOpenAL.h"' -cpp
> -DCALLCONV=ccall -ignore-package OpenAL   -package base  -package OpenGL
> -fgenerics -split-objs    -c Sound/OpenAL/ALC/Capture.hs -o
> Sound/OpenAL/ALC/Capture.o  -ohi Sound/OpenAL/ALC/Capture.hi
> Sound/OpenAL/ALC/Capture.hs:85:3:
>     Couldn't match expected type `NumSamples'
>            against inferred type `Sound.OpenAL.Config.ALCint'
>       Expected type: GettableStateVar NumSamples
>       Inferred type: GettableStateVar Sound.OpenAL.Config.ALCint
>     In the expression:
>         makeGettableStateVar $ (getInteger (Just device) CaptureSamples)
>     In the definition of `captureNumSamples':
>         captureNumSamples device
>                             = makeGettableStateVar $ (getInteger (Just
> device) CaptureSamples)
> make[2]: *** [Sound/OpenAL/ALC/Capture.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/home/ayqazi/src/packages/ghc/ghc-build/libraries'
> make: *** [build] Error 1
> make: Leaving directory `/home/ayqazi/src/packages/ghc/ghc-build'
> Here is where (I think) the problem lies (I added the line numbers):

Under Mac OS X platform - that is use OpenAL 1.0, because no Official
package
of OpenAL 1.1 and ALUT is released yet - building HEAD cause same error,

(Of course, HEAD's OpenAL can't build on Mac OS X platform, because of
configure.ac's problem. So I tested my patched version.)

So I undefined Sound.OpenAL.ALC.Capture module under Mac OS X
platform, previouse patch of libraries mailing list.

http://www.haskell.org//pipermail/libraries/2006-March/005102.html

I don't know Sven read this, and try to test this patch.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 23:54:38 +0900, Sven Panne <Sven.Panne at aedion.de>
wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 19. März 2006 21:16 schrieb Stepan Golosunov:
>> I always get this error if I try to build ghc 6.5 on Debian 3.1 without
>> --disable-openal --disable-alut. I guess it has to do with older version
>> of libopenal (it's 0.2004090900-1.1 here).
>
> Could you send a log of the configuration stage plus the generated
> config.log
> files in the OpenAL/ALUT packages, please? Without that it's a bit hard
> to guess what's going on...

Okay. I send a log of ALUT and patched version of OpenAL package.

--
shelarcy <shelarcy capella.freemail.ne.jp>
http://page.freett.com/shelarcy/