[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: HNOP 0.1

Ashley Yakeley ashley at semantic.org
Fri Jun 30 04:01:47 EDT 2006

In article
<252C89C12FCAD84BA018CAD5268682FD0190C955 at GBLONXMB02.corp.amvescap.net>,
 "Bayley, Alistair" <Alistair_Bayley at invescoperpetual.co.uk> wrote:

> Cool, that's awesome. But I don't see any Haddock docs? Or a Cabal
> Setup.hs? Would it be much trouble to add them?

Bear in mind HNOP compiles just to an executable file, so it doesn't
really have a Haskell API.

One interesting line of development would be to spin off the core
functionality into a separate library, to provide no-op services to
other Haskell applications. I'm thinking something like this:

  noop :: IO ()  -- generalise to other Monads?

This would actually not be too hard to write, given my existing work,
and then of course the executable would simply be a thin wrapper.

--
Ashley Yakeley
Seattle WA