[Haskell] Type-Level Naturals Like Prolog?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 03:05:33 EDT 2006

Hello Jared,

Thursday, July 13, 2006, 9:25:39 AM, you wrote:

> Why can't Haskell (with extensions) do type-level Peano naturals in
> the same fashion? The code would be something like:

btw, my beloved article on type-level programming is
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~ctm/faking.ps.gz

i myself started to wrote small article about GADTs and found that
GADT concept may be better described in terms of
(type signature -> possible values) functions whose power was extended
beyond the ADT abilities. So we have regular Haskell functions,
`data` definitions what define (type->values) reflection,
and 'type' and 'class/instance' definitions defining functions of
(type->type) nature

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com