[Haskell] Can someone provide a summary of best Sudoku solver times?

Murray Gross mgross21 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 9 20:35:54 EDT 2006

On Sun, 9 Jul 2006, Chris Kuklewicz wrote:

> I improved the speed and strength of my solver and it finishes the 36638 puzzles
> of http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~gordon/sudoku17 in 3885 seconds.  It can solve
> all but 164 without guessing, and averages greater 9 puzzles per second on a
> 1.33 GHz PPC Mac OS X laptop using ghc-6.4.2
>
> Most of those puzzles (about 91.5%) are particularly simple and go especially
> quickly.  The next 8.1% of the puzzles use more expensive deductive methods,
>  and
> the remaining 0.4% do depth first guessing.

Thanks, this is just the kind of number I was looking for. Given the
differences in hardware and software, your code appears to be about 10
times as fast as what I am running now. Given that I have done no code
tweaking, this tells me that my algorithms do quite nicely, even if the
code is not setting any records, which puts my code right in the area that
I was looking for.

Once again, thanks.

Murray Gross