[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: Haskell XML Toolbox Version 6.0

Uwe Schmidt uwe at fh-wedel.de
Wed Jul 5 09:00:17 EDT 2006

John Goerzen wrote:

> I'm wondering if there are any tutorials or (simple) example code
> anywhere?  I don't want to read somebody's thesis or dissertation --
> just learn how to use HXT in my own programs.  I haven't been able to
> find something like that yet, which is why I'm still using HaXml (which
> does have tutorials available).
>
> It looks like HXT will be nicer in several ways, so I'd like to learn it
> sometime.

Absolutely right. A "Getting Started" is missing and this is a weak point of HXT.

I've started writing a (somewhat) "Gentle Introduction to HXT",
but this document is currently not in a state to even release
an alpha version. As soon as there is something useful,
I'll anounce it on this list. A few simple examples are included
in the distribution in the "examples/" and "examples/arrows/" subdirectory.

Cheers,

Uwe