[Haskell] getArgs, maxBound, float division: pure functions?

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Wed Oct 12 00:29:56 EDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 12:05:39AM -0400, David Menendez wrote:
> In principle, you could use seperate types to distinguish floats with
> different rounding modes, but I imagine this would be difficult or
> annoying to implement.

I think it would make more sense to have different operations for each
rounding mode. That matches the reality of the situation more and you
don't want to have to do tons of type conversions when you need to
operate on something with different rounding modes. of course, then you
could declare several 'newtypes' whose default Num instances were of
specific rounding modes too.
        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈