[Haskell] Alex question

robert dockins robdockins at fastmail.fm
Mon Oct 3 09:15:26 EDT 2005

Which wrapper are you using?  I just recently did this for the monad
wrapper.  It looks a little like this:

data Token
    = EOF

alexEOF = return EOF

lexAll :: Alex [Token]
lexAll =
     do x <- alexMonadScan
        case x of
            EOF -> []
            _   -> lexAll >>= return . (:) x

lexString :: String -> [Token]
lexString str = runAlex str lexAll

The basic and posn wrappers have the "alexScanTokens" function which
does essentially the same thing.

Just slap on hGetContents and show and you're done.