[Haskell] GHC EXE Windows

Axel Simon A.Simon at kent.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 10:35:06 EST 2004

> At 08:09 04/03/04 +0000, Stenio wrote:
> >

> >GHC executable file only works in MS-DOS. I would like run the executable
> >file on Windows. Can someone help me
> >Thanks

Did you write a GUI program and each time you double click your program gets
started out of a DOS window? If that is the case you need to supply the
-subsystem windows (or similar) to the gcc compiler so it links in the code
for starting a GUI, not a console, application. If you're using a
pre-packages GUI library, then that library should specify this linker flag
in the package description.

Axel.