Problems with 'readFile'

andrew cooke andrew@acooke.org
23 May 2003 07:49:21 -0400

not sure about the numbers, but this sounds like the old windows
ms-dos mess.  for backwards compatability with dos, windows won't read
text files past a certain character (which might be Ctrl-Z).  most
languages let you specify that a file should be opened for binary
rather than text reading (which has no effect in unix, but is
necessary to avoid this problem on win32).  haskell doesn't (afaik)
support binary io in the standard (although ghc has appropriate
extensions), but maybe there's some parameter you can specify when
opening the file?

andrew

--
http://www.acooke.org