HCaAR - haskell.org Website Design

Hamilton Richards hrichrds@swbell.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 10:37:33 -0500

At 10:38 AM +0200 5/13/03, Markus.Schnell@infineon.com wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>the communities report says
>
>  > Haskell programmers are not graphic designers. Just about anyone could
>make
>  > haskell.org look nicer and more professional.
>
>Actually, I think it's very good as it is. I can read it from nearly
>anywhere
>with any browser: I like that very much.
>
>Other views?

Doesn't it depend on what's meant by "nicer and more professional"?
No doubt the site could be gussied up with all kinds of
graphic-design eye candy, but that wouldn't improve it as far as I'm
concerned.

If a graphic designer could suggest ways to make the site easier to
navigate, then I'd be willing to listen, but I don't think that's
something that could be done by "just about anyone"-- my students and
I seem to find our way around in it without undue hardship.

--Ham
Hamilton Richards                Department of Computer Sciences
Senior Lecturer                  The University of Texas at Austin
512-471-9525                     1 University Station C0500
Taylor Hall 5.138                Austin, Texas 78712-1188
ham@cs.utexas.edu                hrichrds@swbell.net