Additional libraries with GHCi

Simon Marlow simonmar@microsoft.com
Fri, 9 May 2003 10:35:57 +0100

> My suggestion, therefore, is to add a note to section 3.5.2=20
> of the GHC user=20
> guide ("Extra Libraries" in the section on GHCi), along the lines of:
>=20
> [[
> Additional libraries provided as Haskell Source files (.hs,=20
> .lhs) may be=20
> located by using the "-i" command line option.  The directory=20
> name must be=20
> specified without a trailing "/" (or "\") character.
> ]]

There's a confusing overlap of terminology here: the GHCi documentation
is using the term 'library' to mean a library of object code - files
called foo.a or foo.lib, whereas you expect 'library' to mean a source
code library.

The -i option is documented earlier on, in section 3.2.1 ("The search
path for finding source files...").

Cheers,
	Simon