Hugs plugin, Haskell Browser

Max Kirillov max630@mail.ru
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 00:37:16 +0600

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 03:05:34PM +1100, Manuel M. T. Chakravarty wrote:
> Again, XEmacs with the above mentioned Haskell mode can do
> it.  Just execute the function `htmlize-buffer' on a buffer
> containing the Haskell source.  As an example for the
> generated output, have a look at
>
>   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~chak/haskell/gtk/BoolEd.html
>
> The detailed choice of colours is, of course, adjustable.
> At least on a Unix machine, I am quite sure you can use
> XEmacs also in batch mode to generate the HTML (eg, as part
> of a Makefile), but I haven't actually used it that way yet.

1. Why CSS? Why did I need to enable Java in my Netscape to
see the colours? Man, it's just to _indent_ and _paint_!

2. When I hear "translate to HTML" I imagine that underlined
words which can be clicked to see, say, definition of
function. Sadly, most htmlizers are focused on highlighting
rather than navigation. The good news is that could be
simply cured with postprocessing of the resulting html file
using tags file.  There are several tags generators for
haskell, both for vim and emacs (ghc distribution contains 2
of them). So the problem can be "reduced to the already
seen".

Just today I've found the program which does the job for
"vim documentation". It uses vim tags file and 2html.vim
script which is in vim package.  Though the idea is obvious,
I've never seen before anybody think of it (maybe I'm the
one who need it?).  The program is very short perl script.
I'll try to adopt it for common files (so, for the haskell
too).

The address:

http://www.erebus.demon.nl/vim/

> Cheers,