A Cygwin port of hmake?

Antony Courtney antony@apocalypse.org
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:36:53 -0500

Hi,

Has anyone attempted / considered porting hmake to Cygwin?

I'd like to try HaXmL under ghc on Windows, but it seems to require
hmake to build.

I made a naieve attempt to configure and build hmake under Cygwin
myself, but the resulting Makefile tried to pass Cygwin-style
/cygdrive/c/... paths to ghc, which promptly choked.  I made some
abortive attempts to hand-edit the Makefile.inc, but it then attempted
to create some directories above my current working directory, and I
eventually got lost trying to trace down the nested Makefile inclusions.

Before I invest more time in either porting hmake or writing a portable
Makefile for HaXmL, I thought I'd post here to see if anyone else had
already been down this road.  If you have, please get in touch.

Thanks,

	-antony

--
Antony Courtney
Grad. Student, Dept. of Computer Science, Yale University