Library Report Omission

Mon, 7 Jan 2002 04:42:13 -0800

Reasonable suggstion, but I think it's too late to add new=20
functionality.  (Apart from anything else,
we'd have to get into whether it could be implemented portable on
all platforms.  And H98 is really very stable  now.)

But we'll add it to the new IO libraries that are coming up for
GHC/Hugs/nhc.

Simon

|=20
|=20
| I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before...
|=20
| Module IO (sec. 11.4) is missing hSetFileSize.
|=20
| hSetFileSize :: Handle=A0->=A0Integer -> IO ()
|=20
| Or is this too big a change for the report at this stage? Without it=20
| there's no way to shorten a file without deleting it and=20
| rewriting it.=20
| Very annoying...
|=20
| --=20