FFI - some comments

Alastair Reid reid@cs.utah.edu
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 15:09:51 -0600

> Greencard: Seems to work pretty well overall.. I dont
> beleive it supports hugs/ffi, but it does support hugs.

That's correct.  The FFI support recently added to Hugs is
not yet in a state to support GreenCard.  The main thing lacking
is an up to date StdDIS and updating Hugs FFI-related types
and libraries (Foreign objects, Int, Addr, Word, Ptr a, etc.)
match GreenCard's assumptions (i.e., GHC and, I think, NHC).

In the meantime, GreenCard still works great with Hugs when you
use --target=hugs (which doesn't use the new ffi support).

--
Alastair Reid