A reluctant self-nomination

Mario Blažević mblazevic at stilo.com
Fri Sep 25 15:19:35 UTC 2015

	I'm hereby self-nominating for the Haskell' commitee. The main reason
I'm applying is because I'm afraid that the commitee might disband like
the previous one. If there are enough members already, feel free to
ignore my nomination.

That being said, here are my qualifications:

	I started programming in Haskell around the turn of the century. I
first published on Hackage in 2008 [1]. I have published 9 packages so
far [2], 2 of which are deprecated, and I made small contributions to
several other Haskell projects over the years. My projects generally use
the minimal set of GHC's extensions that's necessary for the job.

	While I occasionally comment on Reddit and the mailing lists, I don't
publicise much [3][4]. Last year I've managed to get Haskell into
production at work.

	Outside Haskell, my job involves plenty of language maintenance and DSL
design, though I wouldn't consider any of it close to the Haskell level
of sophistication. In particular, I'm sorely lacking the expertise in
type theory. On the other hand, I have plenty of experience in DSL
support and language evolution. I can provide more details if necessary.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/scc-0.1
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/user/MarioBlazevic
[3] https://themonadreader.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/issue19.pdf
[4]