[Colin Paul Adams] Re: Proposal: Define UTF-8 to be the encoding of Haskell source files

Christian Maeder Christian.Maeder at dfki.de
Thu Apr 7 11:43:19 CEST 2011

Am 07.04.2011 11:29, schrieb Christian Maeder:
> So my view is: Stick to ASCII and only if you must (not just for casual
> reasons) use UTF-8.

This means all comments in haskell sources (for hackage) should be in
English, exclusively! Supply separate documentation in your mother
tongue if required.

And I rather write out "Euro" or "Lambda" than trying to find the
corresponding unicode character (and even in .tex sources ASCII
sequences exist for those).