Haskell 2010 draft report

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 12:05:17 EDT 2010

I've completed most of the edits to the Haskell 98 report for Haskell
2010, modulo the changes to the libraries that we still have to resolve.

I cleaned up various other things I discovered along the way, and tidied
up the typesetting.  I've also made a much nicer HTML rendering of the
report using TeX4ht, which means we can ditch the old 1500 lines of
hacked up Haskell code which used to do the HTML conversion before.

You can see the draft report here, in PDF and online HTML respectively:

http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/haskell-2010-draft-report.pdf
http://www.haskell.org/~simonmar/haskell-2010-draft-report/haskell.html

In the PDF you'll notice that the bits that changed in Haskell 2010
relative to Haskell 98 are purple (except for the FFI chapter).
Unfortunately I haven't yet managed to make this work in the HTML
version, but it ought to be possible.

I'd appreciate a few more eyes over this, in particular look out for
messed up typesetting as there could still be a few bugs lurking.

The source repo (darcs) is here:

http://darcs.haskell.org/haskell2010-report