[Haskell] Views in Haskell

Mark Tullsen tullsen at galois.com
Thu Jan 25 11:49:04 EST 2007

On Jan 25, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Claus Reinke wrote:
> but as far as Haskell is concerned, I am perhaps less radical in my
> approach than Mark is: Haskellers have invested an awful lot of
> work in those conventional patterns, in readibility, in
> optimisations, and in linking them with other extensions (eg., type
> system extensions).

I actually would agree.  The purist in me would want to use a
language with a simple exhaustive case construct
and pattern-binders and no more; but the pragmatist in me does,
usually, go with the flow of the language and use some of
the more complex pattern-matching constructs.

However, I did edit the web page to include an improved description
of First Class Patterns, for a point of
reference and comparison.

- Mark