[Haskell-community] 2018 state of Haskell survey results

Taylor Fausak taylor at fausak.me
Sun Nov 18 13:11:07 UTC 2018

Thanks for finding those anomalies, Gershom! I'm disappointed that
someone submitted bogus responses, apparently to tip the scales of Cabal
versus Stack. I intend to identify those responses and exclude them from
the results. The work you've done so far will help a great deal in
finding them.
You said that there are about 1,200 responses with demographic
information. That makes sense considering the number of submissions I
got last year. Also, there are 1,185 responses that included an answer
to at least one of the free-response questions. So perhaps whoever wrote
the script didn't bother to put an answer for those types of questions.
Unfortunately I do not have precise submission times or IP address
information about submissions. Beyond what's in the CSV, the only other
thing I have is (some) email addresses.
Fortunately I wrote a script to output all the charts and tables from
the survey responses. Once I've identified the problematic responses, I
should be able to update the script to ignore them and regenerate all
the output.