[Haskell-community] haskell.org download page

Nicolas Wu nicolas.wu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 15:29:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

I think having multiple options is confusing to beginners, and so I'd like
to see a single download option on the download page.

For me it's important that we have a way for beginners to use tools like
ghc and ghci on the command line directly in order to run small throw-away
programs.

The decision about how to manage projects and their dependencies should be
open and isn't for beginners, whether that be using stack or cabal: both
have their merits, and I don't want to push one over the other. The default
installation should provide both of these as well as other tools core to
building ghc.

As such, I'm in favour of having the HP as the only option.

Nick