[Haskell-community] haskell.org download page

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 04:50:07 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I just realized that the Minimal installer listed first on the Downloads
page (https://www.haskell.org/downloads) is deprecated and "dead". This
creates an unfortunate situation where our top suggested way to get haskell
immediately tells the user it's dead.

I think that we should remove mention of the minimal installer ASAP on the
grounds that the HP now comes in minimal and full variants.

Furthermore, I would like to make the recommendation that we list the HP
above other methods as even the minimal HP installer ships with stack (at
least on windows it does).

Between the two changes, I think the first one is crucial and the second
one is merely reasonable.

Thanks,
Jason