[Haskell-community] On the design used for haskell.org

Roman Cheplyaka roma at ro-che.info
Mon Apr 25 17:26:00 UTC 2016

On 04/25/2016 07:50 PM, Gershom B wrote:
> I'd add that membership status on the committee doesn't (and
> shouldn't) correlate with the ability to make core contributions.

Gershom, I agree (at least on the "shouldn't" part).

I'm not sure though that this opinion is shared by all committee
members. John W., for instance, said that you were chosen into the
committee precisely for your contributions.

(He seems to have quietly deleted his tweet since; my reply remained:
https://twitter.com/shebang/status/723652347352780800.)

This is one of the downsides to elections happening behind the closed
doors by unspecified criteria.

Roman