[Haskell-community] Downloads page & Haskell for Mac

Gershom B gershomb at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:10:30 UTC 2015

On November 10, 2015 at 6:13:27 AM, Manuel M T Chakravarty (chak at justtesting.org) wrote:

> > In our "third party downloads" section, we could add a link to a page targeted
> > specifically at beginners, with Haskell for Mac as a prominent member of the
> > "Mac" section on that page. Would that suffice?
>
> Is there a ”third party downloads” section at the moment?

Nope, but the proposal is to create one. People have been rather busy but ideally a draft such section should be sent out by the end of this week? Or rather, the proposal is to create a small one, and use it to point to a page on e.g. the haskell wiki that is more organized and comprehensive, but such a page also needs to be created.

> As I wrote above, I think, the main page should have a single option with a menu (or list)
> of alternative categories. I don’t think ”third party” is a good label, though. Good
> UI design takes the perspective of the user and presents choices in terms of the information
> that the user possesses (and is able to use for meaningful choices).

I agree that “third party” is not a good label. Do you have a better suggestion? “Other installers and distributions”?

—Gershom