[Haskell-cafe] SLURP: a single unified registry for Haskell packages

Bram Neijt bneijt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 21:47:50 UTC 2018

Great idea, I just have a few (3) questions that I would like to see
clarified in the document:

1) I don't understand this URL:

GET /package/:pkgname/preferred returns a JSON structure listing all versions

Why is it not /package/:pkgname/versions to get a list of versions?
What does preferred mean in this context?

2) Must the package URL end with .tar.gz? Stack supports plain tar and
zip as well and if we start enforcing this, maybe tar.xz would be a
better choice for a new system.

3) Would a contact or e-mail address not be a sensible thing to add to
the registration PUT json? This would allow the SLURP trustees to
contact somebody, e.g.:

{"name": "mypackage", "location":
"https://myserver.com/package/mypackage" , "author":
"admin at example.com"}