[Haskell-cafe] haskell-cafe brown out [Was: random library]

Ian Zimmerman itz at very.loosely.org
Sat Oct 14 16:58:35 UTC 2017

On 2017-10-14 14:09, dominic at steinitz.org wrote:

> > Your message has no threading headers (In-Reply-To or References),
> > but I _think_ I never received the message to which you appear to be
> > reacting (that one by "Jonathan").  I cannot prove it beyond doubt
> > because of the missing headers.  Was "Jonathan"'s message posted on
> > the haskell-cafe mailing list at all?  Or what else is going on
> > here?

> I get a daily digest from the mailing list and then cut out the bit
> that seemed relevant fwiw. Well done for caring about mailing lists :)

[replying to list because that's what Dominic did, I wouldn't otherwise]

Never mind, Jonathan's message was in my spam box.  (I'll look into the
cause of _that_ shortly).

Some MUAs are smart enough to handle the replying-to-digest case and
insert the proper threading headers.  They are unfortunately (?) not the
same ones as those smart enough to draw nice GUI sprites :P  Maybe you
can investigate that some time when you're bored.

But in general I have to say haskell.org lists are _a lot_ cleaner now
than a few years ago when pretty much _every_ thread was broken due to
ppl posting via shmooglegroups.