[Haskell-cafe] regex and Regular Expressions Libraries

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Fri Mar 10 19:45:20 UTC 2017

Adam Bergmark sez:

> Will you add regex to stackage?

Absolutely – on my list for this weekend.

> Have you considered doing anything fancy to make capture groups safer to use? If i could get a compile error
> when i'm using the wrong number/wrongly named groups I'd be very excited.

I totally agree! The only reason this has not been done is because it is not easy to do with the current
structure of regex and the way it fits into regex-base. I am open to suggestions though – just opened an
issue for it https://github.com/iconnect/regex/issues/60.

Cheers,

Chris