[Haskell-cafe] Instrumentation without requiring code-level changes?

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:30:12 UTC 2017

> Yes, I think so, with the PackageImports extension.
>
> https://downloads.haskell.org/~ghc/7.8.2/docs/html/users_
> guide/syntax-extns.html#package-imports

Thank you for this. If this works, it makes using instrumentedscotty &
instrumentedopaleye easier to use.. Btw, there's a note in the docs:

[...] Note: you probably don't need to use this feature, it was added
mainly so that we can build backwards-compatible versions of packages when
APIs change. It can lead to fragile dependencies in the common case:
modules occasionally move from one package to another, rendering any
package-qualified imports broken. [...]

I hope GHC doesn't plan to remove this extension any time soon.

-- Saurabh.