[Haskell-cafe] Early feedback on a GHC proposal

Chris Smith cdsmith at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:07:37 UTC 2017

Anyone want to offer some early feedback on a GHC proposal I'm working on?
It's called OverloadedApplication.  Current version at
https://github.com/cdsmith/ghc-proposals/blob/overloadedapplication/proposals/0000-overloaded-application.rst

I am proposing something a bit more ambitious than what I need, because the
proposal as written seems more likely to be broadly useful.  The bit that I
actually need is about desugaring of infix operators in the presence of
RebindableSyntax.  I'd love to get early thoughts from anyone who has a
solid use case for the rest of the proposal.  It feels like a thing that
*ought* to be useful, but I'm drawing blanks at the moment.