[Haskell-cafe] State of Haskell IDE Engine

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sun Apr 30 04:02:46 UTC 2017

Alan & Kim Zimmerman <alan.zimm at gmail.com> writes:

> Some of you have been wondering what has happened to the
> haskell-ide-engine[1], and whether it may perhaps have died.
>
> Development has resumed, based mainly on the existence of an enabling
> technology in the Language Server Protocol[2] which is starting to
> have implementations for IDEs and Languages[3].

I'm really happy that this effort is still underway. I'm also quite
happy to hear that we will be able to build on LSP. last summer at
Zurihac Simon Meier was very excited about the potential of LSP.
Hopefully HIE will be the project he was hoping for.

What is the state of LSP support in the vim/emacs worlds? I suppose
haskell-mode will need to learn to speak the protocol?

Thanks Alan!

Cheers,

- Ben