[Haskell-cafe] Batteries included

John Wiegley johnw at newartisans.com
Wed Sep 28 00:16:24 UTC 2016

CA> Batteries included is a bad idea when the community is this divided.
CA> Relative no-brainer topics in other communities like how text should be
CA> represented are highly contentious.

Our community is not "divided", it simply has a large number of interests,
meaning there is rarely a single standard library choice that benefits all
groups equally: academic, pedagogic, hobbyist, commercial, etc. And exactly
because we're not divided, we naturally avoid favoring the needs of one group
over another.