[Haskell-cafe] Standard package file format

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 07:18:34 UTC 2016

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 3:06 AM, Imants Cekusins <imantc at gmail.com> wrote:

> that's the while point. If we could agree on a standard serializeable
> model,

That seems like a big "if". Especially since many dev tools exist to extend
the model, and quite aside from "so where's the 'standard' now", conflicts
you can currently control (mostly) suddenly become problematic. (I'm
tempted to point to how gtk2hs's configuration phase works. pTk may be an
even more severe example, although non-Haskell.)