[Haskell-cafe] Offline compilation with Stack/Cabal

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 07:02:21 UTC 2016

On 24 November 2016 at 17:57, Jan von Löwenstein
<jan.loewenstein at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Consider the following use case:
> I have to ship a Haskell application as source, bundled with its
> dependencies and a script that can produce the binary on a machine without
> internet connectivity.
>
> Is that possible with Stack or Cabal?
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.
>
> Ideally I would like to build each dependency package individually. That way
> I could cache results per Haskell package and don't need to rebuild
> dependencies until they actually change.

I believe (but have not verified) that it is possible with both of
them to specify local directories where source tarballs can be found.
Alternatively, both definitely support through various mechanisms to
be pointed at local unpacked copies of source files (directly in
stack.yaml files).