[Haskell-cafe] bizarre behaviour

Lawrence Wickert skippy_lou at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:51:24 UTC 2016

Hi,

Ok, I am just learning Haskell.  So, every day I open a text editor, a pdf file of a Haskell book and a terminal to run ghci.  I resize the windows and go on my merry way.  Yesterday I decided to install this script https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hotice/webupd8/master/session with the object to save my session windows and restore them the next day.  Worked fine although I had to authorize some keyring popup box before it would work.  Now I opened Google Chrome and an iHeart radio link.  At this point the following appeared at the ghci prompt:

Prelude> Vector smash protection is enabled.

ghci continues to run fine.  If I close and then re-open the iHeart link the message reappears.

I am using Ububtu 16.04LTS and I don't use drugs or alcohol.  Any ideas as to what is going on?

Larry