[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] github-0.15

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Fri Nov 4 18:28:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

today I finally released a new version of `github` package [1], providing bindings
to the most of GitHub API. [2]

The most notable feature, it’s now compatible with GHC-8.0.1.

As GitHub doesn’t provide (or I’m not aware of) machine readable specification
of their API, the feature completeness and correctness depends on the users
of the package. So, please try it out, find out what’s incorrect and missing,
and ideally submit a PR.

The plan for the next version is to merge in definitions from github-types [3],
and then split types from `github` package back into `github-types`, so
others can reuse the definitions without the rest of the packages, e.g. for
servant-github [4]

As you can see, we are still experimenting with “how to write bindings to rest APIs”,
if you have some comments, please raise an issue.

Cheers,
Oleg Grenrus

- [1]: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/github <http://hackage.haskell.org/package/github>
- [2]: https://developer.github.com/v3/ <https://developer.github.com/v3/>