[Haskell-cafe] Materials on Compiling Functional Languages.

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Mar 10 21:26:52 UTC 2016

On 11/03/16 3:17 am, Jonne Ransijn wrote:
>  if a Lisp compiler seems too easy (And I have to say, it _is_ quite
> easy, and shouldn't take more than a couple of hours of coding),

Since you know so much about writing Lisp compilers, perhaps you can
point me to something that explains how to implement Common Lisp
function calls efficiently?  There are &optional, &rest, and &key parameters
to deal with, and when the compiler sees a call site, in general it hasn't a
clue what the target is expecting (this is unlike optional and keyword
parameters in Swift, for example).  If it were just required, &optional, and
&rest parameters, I could see how to do it, but throwing &key in makes
it much harder.