[Haskell-cafe] Building / cross compile GHC for OpenBSD/macppc.

Christoph R. Murauer nawi at nawi.is
Wed Feb 3 13:31:22 UTC 2016

Hello !

I am new here - sorry, if I ask something what was asked before.

OpenBSD provides for amd64 and other platforms GHC and, also the
haskell-platform which works very good. I try to get one of the old
PowerMac's with a G5 CPU and saw, that there is no GHC (yes, there is
a very old version - something like 3.x) for OpenBSD/macppc. I got
some informations about to cross compile and saw also the wiki at
https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling now my
main question is, are there more informations about it ?

Available for cross compile is GHC and haskell-platform 7.10.3, gcc
4.2.1 20070719, llvm 3.5.20140228 all on amd64.

The planned target platforms are Mac's / PowerMac's with G3, G4 and G5
CPU's. All versions of OpenBSD/macppc are 32 bit only (including the
G5).

A cross compile from Mac OS X is no option because the OpenBSD project
should be able to cross build on their machines (security reasons).

Thanks for informations and tips.

Regards,

Christoph