[Haskell-cafe] Foo.Bar.hs filenames poll

Dimitri DeFigueiredo defigueiredo at ucdavis.edu
Mon Dec 19 16:38:34 UTC 2016

I believe it is a mistake to tie the module structure of a software
system to a file structure on a hierarchical file system. I see those
too structures as different entities. Why can't I coalesce two tiny
modules into a single file? I also don't like having to capitalize my
file names (Foo.hs instead of foo.hs) in linux, that seems rather ugly.
It see this "ugliness" as a symptom of the "arbitrarily forced link"
between the module structure and the file structure. Obviously, some
conventions should apply, but a one-to-one correspondence seems too strict.

Dimitri

--
2E45 D376 A744 C671 5100 A261 210B 8461 0FB0 CA1F