[Haskell-cafe] RFC: functor-classes-compat

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Tue Dec 13 09:01:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

continuing pushing the adoption Data.Functor.Classes, I wrote a small
package `functor-classes-compat` [1].

It provides lifted (Eq1, Ord1, etc.) classes for types in `containers`,
`vector` and `unordered-containers`(not for Sequence or Tree yet though).
I guess there is no way they could depend on `transformers` to provide
instances in build plans with `base < 4.9`, I'm not sure when I'll have
time to write patches for the actual packages myself.

Current implementations are naive, but more obviously correct.

The package is not yet released on Hackage, I'll do that after the
comments, which are warmly welcome!

Best regards, Oleg Grenrus

[1]: https://github.com/phadej/functor-classes-compat