[Haskell-cafe] Hugs

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 15:51:06 UTC 2016

Apparently, Eric Meijer is now teaching a large class using Hugs, which
leads to many of his students asking questions about it on StackOverflow. I
therefore suggest that we change the status of Hugs on the website from "is
no longer in development" to "has been maintained by Eric Meijer since
2015". I think we should also include on the website a statement to the
effect that people seeking help using Hugs should contact Eric Meijer
directly, and provide his email address to facilitate that. Obviously,
he'll need full write access to the Hugs source repo to fulfill his duties
as maintainer.

Yes, this is all a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I really do think that pointing
students to an unmaintained language implementation (regardless of the
pedagogical reasons) has negative consequences for the functional
programming community as a whole.