[Haskell-cafe] [ANN] haskell-ide project

Alan & Kim Zimmerman alan.zimm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 19:06:14 UTC 2015

The ongoing effort to save us as a community from separately implementing
the
same functionality over and over around IDEs[1] has found a home in the
haskell-ide
project on github [2].

This mail serves as a call to collaborate for all parties interested in this
space.

It is still at a very early stage, but the intent is to pool resources so
that
we can have really good support for IDEs that can extend through the entire
tool chain from changes to GHC to better support tooling through the build
environment and community information management.

This should mean that people who are familiar with a particular part of the
chain can focus their efforts there, knowing that the other parts will be
covered too.

This is a deliberately broad and vague scope, the reality is likely to be
much
more limited initially, but the sooner we can get started the sooner we will
have something concrete to criticise and improve.

For those wishing to get involved the following resources currently exist

  * the haskell-ide mailing list [3]
  * the github project page [1]
  * The #haskell-ide channel on IRC Freenode.

This is not aimed at some small inner circle of people, anyone who wants to
will
be added to the project on github, adress your request to me or @hvr.

Regards
  Alan

[1] IDE is a loose term for anything that enables a user to interact with
the code.
[2] https://github.com/haskell/haskell-ide
[3] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/haskell-ide