[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on RedHat?

Miëtek Bak mietek at bak.io
Thu Mar 5 21:23:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-04, at 21:01, Mario Blažević <mblazevic at stilo.com> wrote:

> What is the recommended route for installing a recent GHC on RedHat Enterprise Linux?

I can recommend my project, Halcyon, which supports installing official bindists of many GHC versions on a number of platforms, including RHEL 6 and 7.
https://halcyon.sh/

Supported GHC versions (plus the unlisted 7.10.1-rc2):
https://halcyon.sh/reference/#ghc-options

Supported platforms:
https://github.com/mietek/halcyon/issues/38

Check out the recent thoughtbot field report on using Halcyon for development, testing, and deployment:
https://robots.thoughtbot.com/building-haskell-projects-with-halcyon

Let me know if you have any questions, or join us in #haskell-deployment on freenode.

--
Miëtek