[Haskell-cafe] why can it never go smoothly, language-c-0.4.7 edition

briand at aracnet.com briand at aracnet.com
Mon Jan 12 06:00:40 UTC 2015

Hi,

setup-Simple-Cabal-1.22.0.0-x86_64-linux-ghc-7.8.4: The program 'happy' is
required but it could not be found.

so i installed happy.

then it wanted alex.

which i was also able to install.

and then language-c-0.4.7 successfully installed.

I have seen this sort of thing many times across all sorts of different packages.

So my question is : are these dependency bugs that should be reported to the package maintainer ?

or is that certain packages can't be built as a dependency target for some reason  ?

Thanks,

Brian