[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] Glasgow Haskell Compiler version 7.10.3

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 23:49:31 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:56 PM, Geraldus <heraldhoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> In case this will be helpfull for someone here [1] is my Docker
> file for building GHC-7.10.3 on Debian Wheezy from sources, also
> here is the image itself [2].  Note, Docker Hub shows that image
> size is 1Gb, however running `docker images` locally shows me
> 6.354 GB.  I tried to make some cleanup but my docker skills are
> quite weak, so I will be happy if anyone can teach me how to
> reduce image size.

For the Haskell Platform I did the build on Debian Jessie using docker. I
haven't tried to share the images, but I worked from these notes:
https://github.com/haskell/haskell-platform/blob/master/notes/building-ghc-docker

That was the first time I ever used docker. Perhaps in the future we can
combine efforts to reduce duplication? I've been trying to figure out if we
can use this setup to cross compile a 32bit build as well, but it seems
like 32bit containers are not supported. I think for a cross compile that
true 32bit support is unnecessary so I'm not quite ready to give up on the
idea.

Thanks,
Jason