[Haskell-cafe] Location Of Prelude.hs

James Burton J.Burton at brighton.ac.uk
Wed Aug 12 17:19:05 UTC 2015

On 12/08/15 18:03, Brandon Allbery wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 12:54 PM, <debdutk at gnulinuxed.tk
> <mailto:debdutk at gnulinuxed.tk>> wrote:
>
>     __
>
>     I was reading the book "The Haskell Road to Logic, Math and
>     Programming"  and it refers to /usr/lib/hugs/libraries/Hugs/ as the
>     probable location for Prelude.hs. I am currently using Elementary OS
>     Luna (based of Ubuntu 12.04) and could not file the file at the
>     specified location. Can anyone please tell me where to find it?
>
> Hugs is obsolete and unmaintained, so you are unlikely to find that
> anywhere.

The Hugs Prelude is/was nice and simple -- self-contained, no compiler
pragmas -- which is why you're encouraged to read it in the Haskell Road
book...I think the idea is to convey that the student could have written
it themselves, including things that are primitive in other languages,
with no magic required.

http://ogi.altocumulus.org/~hallgren/Programatica/tools/hi/libs/HugsLibraries/Hugs/Prelude.hs?plain