[Haskell-cafe] Specify OS version

Aldo Davide aldodavide at gmx.com
Wed Apr 1 14:56:53 UTC 2015

I don't see how you can avoid CPP. Even if cabal supported checking the OS version, you would still probably need CPP.

Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 at 10:40 AM
From: "Sergey Bushnyak" <sergey.bushnyak at sigrlami.eu>
To: haskell-cafe at haskell.org
Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Specify OS version

Hi Cafe!
I have program written in Haskell and Swift that runs on Mac. This program uses some features that was introduced in last version of OS X “Yosemite” 10.10, but some of my users use previous version "Maverics " 10.9. Is there some technique that allows me to extend my cabal file and specify which *version* of os is currently in use and don't load some of modules?
AFAIK, Cabal's `conditional` doesn't provide such mechanism, but something like
```
if os(osx) && ver(=10.10)
if os(osx) && ver(<=10.9)
```
will be nice.

Maybe there is other approach to this problem?I don't want to use `CPP` extension to handle this within code.
Thanks
--
Best regards,